I love my Naked 2 palette. The shadows are buttery and pigmented, and there's literally every neutral colour you could ever need, all cased in a lovely palette. I received this for Christmas from my parents, after a bit of a struggle trying to get hold of one.
They were sold out everywhere, and in the end my Dad managed to surprise me with one that was in stock on eBay. But by the time that had arrived, Debenhams had them back in stock and Mum and I had already picked one up, ready to wrap up for the 25th. Which basically meant I was left with two Naked 2 palettes... Or so I thought.
It was only when I looked at the palette from eBay that I realised that it was in fact, a fake. And a good one at that. So, here are a few of the differences I've noticed, with the fake so far:
- The tin is a different metallic shade and the writing is a different colour
- The actual palette is poorly put together - the pans don't fit perfectly, plus it generally feels a bit cheap
- The brush is completely different
- A few of the shadows are odd colours, but to be honest, most look similar
- The actual texture of the shadow is completely different
And finally, the box is definitely the biggest give away. Who knew Foxy was a bright orange shadow?
Oh, and to put all your minds at rest, I haven't actually used the fake anywhere near my eyes - so there's no need to worry!
So, to conclude be very careful when buying products on eBay, they're not all genuine. I would link the palette, but this listing has since been removed.
Have you ever bought any makeup on eBay?
Can you tell which is the fake in each photo?